I.C.Y is a multi fascested registered non-profit company focusing on abused and neglected children ages 9-17 years. We run a camping and long term mentorship programme that builds resilience and develops character. Our skills development programme for at risk teens develops entrepreneurial and leadership skills.
Our pillars are:
- Camping programmes
- Mentorship programmes
- Skills development
To impact the lives of abused children in our community.
To confront abuse and impact the lives of abused and neglected children and youth, by empowering them with the necessary skills to become our future leaders.
- To impact the lives of at risk children and youth.
- To teach the necessary life skills to at risk children and youth.
- To implement prevention programmes empowering children
- To assist the youth with skills development.
- To identify and help with the needs of the children in our network and community.
- To run intervention programmes empowering the community
- To network and partner with companies, social services and other NGO’s
- To train and equip volunteers.
1. Impact children & youth
A. Camping programme
- 2 to 1 ratio
- Individual attention
- Programme geared at self-development, self-worth, self-esteem, trust, team skills and respect
- Safe environment
B. Mentorship program
- Small group supervised programme
- Build trust relationship with a significant adult
- Fosters resiliency
- Develops self-worth, character and trust.
2. Assist with Skills Development
- Network with businesses and service providers in developing skills. I.e. carpentry, hair dressing, beauty, knitting, baking etc.
- Develop entrepreneurial and leadership skills
3. Community Service workshops
- Parenting Skills
- Young mothers parenting
- Career development
- Substance abuse
- Human trafficking
- Regular contact with Social Services & NGOs
- Follow up sessions regarding the children and their needs
- 15 hours of specialised training for volunteers
- Awareness programs on Abuse, Human trafficking and HIV etc.
- Protective behaviours programme
- Children & youth first
- Servant hood
- Financial transparency
- Operate with professionalism, quality and excellence
- Biblical principles